Mandatory Player Workout (Sun Aug 7th, 2022) -
Players should report to the concession stand area between the baseball diamonds at Nouryon Sports Complex for registration. We expect the workout to last around an hour. Typical athletic apparel is recommended including athletic pants or shorts, a t-shirt and tennis shoes or cleats.
Note: if your child is unable to attend the mandatory player workout they will be placed on a team during the coach's draft through a random assignment. The league does not need to be informed. However, we reiterate that the workout helps us ensure team parity and therefore is not optional.
- 6/7 year old league 4:00 pm
- 8/9 year old league 5:00 pm
- 10/12 year old league 6:00 pm
Registration and Draft Information
- Registration is April 1st – June 30th.
- Late registration is July 1st – July 31st. A $10 late fee will be applied.
- No registrations accepted after July 31st – No Exceptions
- In an effort to promote fair play, parity among teams and to drive consistency with other HSYSA programs, teams are established based on a coach’s draft. We do not accept player or coach requests.
- A coach’s draft will be held on Tuesday August 9th, 2022. The draft will contain a snaking draft order where the child from the head coach and one assistant coach will be placed on the team. All other players will be drafted by the coach accordingly. Players do not attend.
- Your coach will contact players by August 13th. If you have not heard from your coach by that time, please contact us at email@example.com
What will the practice schedule look like?
- The practice schedule is entirely developed and implemented by the head coach. This means, the coach determines the day of the week, the time, how many times a week and where. Typically this means 1-2 evenings per week for 60-90 minutes each.
What will the game schedule look like?
- A game schedule will be provided once teams have been drafted. Regular season games will be played on Saturdays between Aug 27th - Oct 8th (no games Labor Day weekend). Playoffs games will be Oct 15th and Oct 22nd for those teams that advance.
- For scheduling purposes, game start times will follow this schedule:
- Sat Aug 27th: between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm
- Sat Sep 10th: between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Sat Sep 17th: between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm
- Sat Sep 24th: between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
- Sat Oct 1st: between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm
- Sat Oct 8th: between 8:00 am and 12:00 pm
- Sat Oct 15th: between 8:00 am and 8:00 pm (all teams)
- Sat Oct 22nd: between 8:00 am and 3:00 pm (teams that advance)
Are there playoffs?
- Yes. All teams from 6/7, 8/9 and 10/12 leagues will play on Saturday Oct 15th - please plan on a full day. All teams from 6/7 and teams that advance from the 8/9 and 10/12 leagues will play Saturday Oct 22nd as well.
- We are in need of head coaches and league directors for all leagues. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering your time to coach and develop the youth in our community.